Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

slowly but surely

So its now day 19. I feel a bit better as each day goes on. Been keeping busy by spending time with family and friends as well as heading out on my own. Started working out as well, to fill time. I also did sign up for two online dating sites, just to see what's out there and it is a welcome distraction. It helps to see what's out there. There have been two texts just asking me how I am doing and a comment about how tiring night shift is. I have resisted the urge to try and go back to old habits. There are still moments of panic and loneliness, but I just take it in and relax. I think of all the bad moments in the relationship and my unmet needs, so why stay? I deserve to be in a great relationship, a relationship that is enriching and not stifling. A relationship that has long term potential. I've got my act together so there's bound to be someone out there for me. Those positive self talk statements help. I'm have realized that anger turned inward is destructive, and there's no sense being mad or upset at someone when they aren't here to see or hear about it. There are things I can control and I will focus on those rather than the things I cannot control. She is living a life of her own choosing, with out me and I should accept that and continue to move forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment