Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 29, 2010

A letter to her

I wish things could be different, I wish i didn't have to walk away from us. I stand by all the things I have said repeatedly, however hurtful or wonderful they may be. My feelings for you will never change, I hope they will diminish over time. I love you, never have I said those three words with more sincerity. People have told me that one day when you least expect it, someone will come into your life and throw all that you have steadfastly believed in upside down and you wouldn't even notice. That someone was you. Before you, I never wanted to get married or to have children. I always thought of marriage as being so final, I mean people break up all the time and marriage just makes things messier and having children is expensive, etc. That all changed one summer morning. You were there helping me with the move and everything was just settling down that weekend. Early that saturday morning I turn over in bed and saw your sleeping face, so beautiful and peaceful and realized how wonderful it would be if I could wake up to you every morning and maybe even start a family together. I will not mourn what hasn't come to pass and I will always be thankful for all the times we have shared together. In closing, without hope or agenda I wish you and your family all the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment