Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 29, 2010

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim...

Be patient and tough, someday this pain will be useful to you. Today will be the last day I will be seeing her, for how long I am unsure. We met up one last time for any last words left unspoken to be spoken, for closure, for apologies. It's hard to acknowledge the end of a relationship, to know that what was once just a phone call away is now out of reach, all the hopes and dreams now changed. The conversation was emotional but not hostile, we are both at the same point with regards to our relationship. She followed me home so I could give back her stuff, just a pillow, toothbrush, t-shirt and pjs. Kind of immature I guess, but it just helps me acknowledge the fact that she's gone. But I'm keeping my Northface jacket, you won't be getting this back I say, she smiles. One last hug and we kiss on the cheek, take care. I turned away and closed the garage door, no looking back. Now I type this from my old room at my parent's house since I am on call tonight. Heading out for coffee with the guys later on. 


Talked to my family about it, they seemed to know right away, I guess we've done this enough times already encouraging words spoken. Emotionally I feel sad and lonely and alone. It's funny because we never lived together, we just talked everyday around 20 mins or so of conversation and she would stay over a weekend or two out of the month or spend a day hanging out or watching a movie. I will endure, I must endure. I will take the time to grieve, to celebrate and to heal. Just typing this out helps...

No comments:

Post a Comment